Tēnā koutou katoa
You will have heard today that a student at Papatoetoe High School and her parents, have tested positive for COVID-19. I am sure you will join us in sending best wishes to this family and to the school community.
As you will also have heard Christchurch will be at Alert Level 2 from midnight tonight, for 72 hours, until midnight on Wednesday.
At Alert Level 2 the disease is contained but there is still risk of community transmission. It is safe for children and staff to attend school.
Level 2 at OLA: Important Information
Our school will be open and children should be attending school unless they are vulnerable to severe illness.
Parent Drop-off and Pick-up:
· All children (apart from new, New Entrant children) we ask that all children are dropped off and picked up at the school gates; this keeps our school bubble as tight as possible and enables good contract tracing. Staff members will be at the gates in the morning from 8.30 a.m. until 8.55 a.m. and in the afternoon from 3.00 p.m. until 3.15 p.m.
We will not be attending the Ash Wednesday Mass in the church.
Parents are asked to keep any sick children at home; any child that comes to school sick will be sent home
Visitors and Parents
· Be assured that we will continue to use our QR code and visitor records
· If you need to contact the school office please, in the first instance, do so via phone or email
· If it is essential that you come into the office you will need to hand sanitize and use the QR code and sign in
· Gates will be locked at the end of the school day
· Children, young people and staff should be far enough away from each other so that they are not breathing on or touching each other
· Children will be reminded about handwashing, sneezing and coughing techniques and to try to avoid touching their face
· Children will wash/sanitize their hands upon entering school grounds, hands to be thoroughly cleaned after toileting, after exiting or on entering the work space e.g. leaving the classroom to play and upon returning as well as before eating and after eating.
· Desks, chairs and benches will be disinfected daily
· A usual the classroom will be cleaned daily and this always includes disinfecting door handles and light switches
· If sports equipment is used then it hygiene practice will be observed after playing with
equipment as well as the equipment itself being disinfected
For further information on Alert Level 2 please click here. https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/alert-level-2/
Ngā mihi nui
Janet Cummings and the Team at Our Lady of the Assumption School