We have met with the team from SCIRT to make a plan to ease traffic congestion when the road works begin on Sparks Road on the 18th May. There is no way around it - this will cause significant disruption. SCIRT is keen to ensure this a managed disruption and will communicate with the community via the school and letter box drops.
These are the SCIRT intentions
- no parking on Sparks Road
- minimise traffic on Sparks Road
- significantly reduced parking on Maryhill Avenue
- to establish a school drop off and pick up zone
- to encourage use of Hoon Hay Road Patrols and Sparks Road Patrol
- to investigate a walking school bus from Rydal Street to Hoon Hay and OLA
SCIRT expect this work to be completed within 4-6 weeks.