Our Catholic Special Character permeates all that we do here at Our Lady of the Assumption School; how we live and learn together.
- We respect that each child is an individual and encourage students to have a caring and Christian attitude towards each other and members of staff.
- Children are encouraged to respond freely to God according to their gift of faith.
- We teach children to develop ways of integrating faith, life and culture.
- We teach the New Zealand Catholic Religious Education Curriculum.
- Prayer is a regular and meaningful part of our school day.
- Every Friday morning classes are rostered to attend Mass. Class teachers will inform you when your child/s class is rostered.
- The school hold values assemblies twice a term. These are advertised on the school calendar.
- Helping Hands is a parent group that helps families in times of need.
- The Parish offers the sacramental programmes for First Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation. There is a high level of parental involvement in the preparation for these sacraments.