Year 8 Leadership Programme
All our Year 8 students are leaders in our school. Each Year 8 student is a member of a leadership team and has the responsibility of leading the school at various times throughout the year. As well as their leadership responsibilities, each Year 8 student is a role model for the rest of the school.
PALs (Physical Activity Leaders)
- Organise and lead house groups on sports days, such as Cross Country, Athletics Day.
- Provide opportunities for organised sport at lunchtime.
- Support teachers and students with class blogs.
- Keep community informed of events through blogs and support e-learning across the school.
- Responsible for digitally recording and documenting all events throughout the school year.
Young Vinnie's Group
- Lead values assemblies and promote special character values.
- Lead House groups in special character initiatives.
- Organise and run events to support the Christchurch Young Vinnie's Group, such as "Grab ya woollies".
- Lead and promote school wide sustainability initiatives.
- Lead house groups in environmental challenges and explore ways to promote sustainability in school community.
- Leaders of our 'Green Fingers Club' and responsible for our chooks.
2020 PAL's - Maria, Jasmine, Ashleigh, James, Hannah, Saul, Cizanella, Meg and Isabella.
2020 Media Team - Jack, Charlie, Kwyn, Bridget, Ashton, Lochie, Reed and Teina.
2020 Young Vinnie's Leaders - Cameron, Hazel, Hannah, Hannah, Jess, Meg, Abby, Eva and Ryan.
2020 Eco Leaders - Becky, Emily, Ryan, Tara, Deborah, Brynne, Will, Ruby and Chloe.
All year 8 students also have the opportunity to deliver the house points at assembly on a rostered basis.
These opportunities and strategies to build leadership, key competencies and resilience are offered to all Year 8 children.