Year 8 Leadership Programme
All our Year 8 students are leaders in our school. Each Year 8 student is a member of a leadership team and has the responsibility of leading the school at various times throughout the year. As well as their leadership responsibilities, each Year 8 student is a role model for the rest of the school.
PALs (Physical Activity Leaders)
- Organise and lead house groups on sports days, such as Cross Country, Athletics Day.
- Provide opportunities for organised sport at lunchtime.
- Support teachers and students with class blogs.
- Keep community informed of events through blogs and support e-learning across the school.
- Responsible for digitally recording and documenting all events throughout the school year.
Young Vinnie's Group
- Lead values assemblies and promote special character values.
- Lead House groups in special character initiatives.
- Organise and run events to support the Christchurch Young Vinnie's Group, such as "Grab ya woollies".
- Lead and promote school wide sustainability initiatives.
- Lead house groups in environmental challenges and explore ways to promote sustainability in school community.
- Leaders of our 'Green Fingers Club' and responsible for our chooks.
Back row: (from left) Taylor, Alacoque, Meg and Aaron
Front row: Abby, Isabella, Noah, Lucy and Sophia
2019 Media Team
Back row: (from left) Preston, Charlie and Lochlan
Front row: Tom, Jacob and Reuben
2019 Young Vinnie's Leaders
Standing (from left): Olivia, Abby, Lily, Ciara and Millie
Sitting: Gabrielle, Luca, Nirvana and Mya
2019 Eco Leaders
From left: Neela, Peter, Maeve, Herman, Eamon, Sophie, George, Efa and Clara.
All year 8 students also have the opportunity to deliver the house points at assembly on a rostered basis.
These opportunities and strategies to build leadership, key competencies and resilience are offered to all Year 8 children.