Year 8 Leadership Program
Year 7/8 intermediate age students are the leaders and role models in a full primary school. They are seen by others in the school as the leaders and younger students to look up to them.
All our Year 8 students will be student leaders and will have the opportunity to lead the school at different times. They will be tasked with raising the profile of their area of leadership within the school. We have developed 6 different leadership areas and all year 8 students will receive a leadership responsibility in one of these areas.
PALs (Physical Activity Leaders)
- Organise and lead house groups on sports days
- Provide opportunities for organised sport at lunchtime
- Lead values assemblies and promote special character values
- Lead House groups in special character initiatives
- Support teachers and students with class blogs
- Keep community informed of events through blogs, and support elearning across the school
- Lead and promote school wide sustainability initiatives
- Lead house groups in environmental challenges and explore ways to promote sustainability in school community
- Lead student council meetings ensuring the student voice is heard and acted upon
- Fundraise for student council initiatives
All year 8 students will have the opportunity to deliver the house points at assembly on a rostered basis.
These opportunities and strategies to build leadership, key competencies and resilience will be available to all our intermediate age children.