Our Lady of the Assumption school is currently
experiencing significant roll pressure. Early enrolment is encouraged to
avoid the likelihood of disappointment.
Prospective new families are invited to make an
appointment with our Principal and have a tour of the school.
This is a preliminary enrolment form that is used to register your interest in enrolling your child in our school. Filling in this form does not guarantee a place in the school but if this is handed in with your child's Birth Certificate and a Preference Certificate (see preference criteria below) from the Parish Priest, your child will be put on the waiting list. You can contact Father Kevin Wei on 338 8624.
Preliminary Enrolment Form.pdf
The criteria promulgated by the New Zealand Catholic Bishops' Conference, which are to be used by proprietors and their agents, in order to grant Preference of Enrolment are:
- The child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
- The child's parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
- At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child's participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
- With the agreement of the child's parent/guardian, a grandparent or other significant adult in the child's life, such as an aunt, uncle or godparent, undertakes to support the child's formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
- One or both of a child's non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
Children not of the Catholic faith can apply to enrol in a Catholic school, they require a non-preference form. Catholic school's can only enrol a maximum of 5% non-preference students.
Parent Consent for Non-Preference Form.pdf